We are looking for stories written as personal essays, with actionable messages and takeaways for our readers. Please read over several posts before submitting. As this is a new publication, the financial compensation is small, $25 USD per article. What you will get in return is exposure. We have several social media platforms, readers’ groups, and other venues to share your work. Here are the guidelines:
- Limit to 2500 words, if it is a bit over that limit make it relevant to the piece.
- Only original work will be considered.
- Nonfiction is the primary content. Relevant fiction is welcome for consideration as well.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, since we feel that it’s unreasonable to expect writers to give a magazine an exclusive look at a work. We want writers to have every possible opportunity for success. Just let us know when your work is accepted by another publication, so we can pull your submission and celebrate with you!
- You retain all rights to the work submitted. You just give us permission to publish and promote it.
- We will not accept any work that even hints that it might be plagiarized.
- One submission at a time per author please.
- We will usually respond within 2 weeks.
- Submit via email, as a google doc link invite to edit the document to email@example.com . The subject line should read, “Submission for ATL” No attachments.
- Your story will remain published for at least 6 months or as long as it is relevant. After one year, you can request your story to be removed.
Note about editing: We reserve the right to make minor changes to any draft submitted to the publication (Typos, grammar, title/subtitle changes, picture changes, etc.) Please make sure it is as clean a copy as possible. We strongly encourage Grammarly or a similar app.